Cumberland County Athletic Participation Form (HS)
All required questions are notated with an asterisk (*).
- Can upload: Student
- Can upload: Parent
- Can upload: Staff
- Required for Athlete Overall Approval.
- Athlete is under 13, No Student Athlete Signature Required.
- Parent Signature Required.
- Staff Signature Required.
- Use of the Previous Year Form is allowed as long as it is not expired.
- Auto Approval: Disabled
We (Student/Athlete & Parent/Legal Custodian), certify that the above information is accurate and that the home address on all forms/records is the sole bona fide residence of the student/athlete and that we will notify the school/principal immediately of any changes in residence, since such a move may alter the eligibility of the student/athlete. Falsification of residence information will result in loss of eligibility for 365 days.
- AGE (cannot become 19 years of age before August 31 of current school year)
ATTENDANCE (in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester - absent no more than 54 class periods (block schedule)
- ACADEMICS (must pass Block Schedule - 3 out of 4, Traditional - 5 out of 7, A/B Schedule - 6 out of 8 during the preceding semester)
- Must have a weighted 2.0 GPA or a 70 average for the previous semester
- EIGHT SEMESTER RULE (cannot participate for a period lasting longer than 8 consecutive semesters beginning with first entry in the 9th grade or on High School team)
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SEASONS (Four separate seasons - 1 per year)
- PASS PHYSICAL EXAM (a physical must be done for each school year)
- VOLUNTARY TRANSFER students cannot participate in sports for 365 days from the first approved date of the first year of eligibility.
Parent / Guardian
My signature indicates that to the best of my knowledge, my answers and information provided to the above questions are complete and correct. I understand that the information that I have provided on this form may be used for analytical and research purposes. I consent to the access and use of this data by the Cumberland County Schools, and PlanetHS, LLC.